Sunday 3 May 2015

Full Coverage Face Brush

One of my most expensive purchases was the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush and it was worth every penny. I never joined the hype of the Real Techniques Buffing Brush so I had nothing in my makeup collection quite as dense or well suited to buffing in foundation therefore I thought the Bobbi Brown was a good place to start.

Firstly, it has a tiny handle compared to other brushes so it is perfect for travelling - always a bonus. The bristles are so soft and are very densely packed together. Like the name suggests, it is perfect for blending in fuller coverage products, but it is equally as perfect for blending in lighter products, e.g. tinted moisturiser. It works the product into the skin amazingly well and never leaves any of those dreaded orange marks around the rim of the face. It is also good for concealer on the face or cream products, e.g. cream bronzer/blusher. I never apply foundation straight to the brush as especially with thinner consistency products they could soak into the brush. I apply the product to my face first and then use the brush to blend - I find this to be the perfect method.

The brush washes really well and the product isn't difficult to rinse out at all. I never leave it too long before I wash this brush because I don't want a mass build up of foundation. I find that washing the brush once a week keeps it in perfect condition. It is such a good little brush and I can't see myself using anything else.

What do you use for foundation application? I want to try the Beauty Blender.

I hope you enjoyed reading, 
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment