Sunday 1 March 2015

Bardonecchia, Italy. February 2015



Sunbathing before afternoon lessons.



Made some friends on the slopes.



The entire group.


Torch Light Descent.





Gorgeous view from our room!
As you may remember from my Travel Essentials post, last week I was in Italy skiing so I thought I would dedicate a blog post to the holiday and share some of my favourite photos.

We began our travelling around midday on valentines day and arrived at our hotel around 11pm. The following morning we were greated by the most incredible view from our balcony. The morning consisted of ski fit followed by lessons. We had 4 hours of lessons per day. Ski fit was interesting to say the least - in a very tight space, with lots of people, carrying very heavy equipment. We all came to the conclusion that the boots were heavy and uncomfortable and the skis were extremely difficult to carry.
Our first lesson was all of us stepping up the slopes sideways - more difficult than it sounds.
For the first 2 and a half days, my group stayed on the baby slopes as none of us could go for more than 5 minutes without falling over. We even fell over on the lift going up the slopes.
Once we went up the chairlifts on to the blue, red and even black slopes, all of our confidence grew massively and our skills deve

loped so much. We were the most improved group *pats self on back*.
Our instructor Umberto was amazing. Our 6 days skiing were filled with 'MAMMA MIA' and 'THAT'S AMORE' as we zoomed down the slopes.

Each night before sleep, Chloe and Maria had all of us in our room in fits of laughter up until the point where I nearly wet myself. We had some very interesting moments in which privacy was never thought about. Being the tidiest room, we had all 21 of us in each night we did a quiz and needless to say our room won the pizza! Of course you have to have pizza in Italy! There were plenty of raves on the baclonies with other rooms and other schools. Plenty of snowball fights and plenty of sunbathing! I never would have thought the sun would be that hot in such a cold place. Most of the days we were skiing with one layer and a coat as were getting that hot. It certainly beats England's weather! One of the highlights is definitely bumboarding and watching everyone come down in one big line and falling over. Oh and my leg landing on top of Kaitlyn and us hurtling towards the bottom!

It has been such a good trip despite the tiredness and the achy legs. I've learnt that I can stay in a room for 7 nights with 4 other girls and cope. Also that I can put up with my sister and bestfriend throughout anything. I have made so many friends that I will always talk to around school now. Definitely a trip to remember! Bring on next time.

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing trip! I really want to go again. P.s. Thanks for the photos x

    ReplyDelete