Sunday 22 March 2015

Insanity

Today I thought I would do another fitness related post. A few weeks before Christmas, my mum, my sister and myself decided to take part in an insanity class. It was so hard, but we persevered through it and came out feeling very impressed with ourselves that we actually managed to survive the hour long class. The following morning I was extremely stiff and sore which was quite a surprise for me as I am usually very resilient.

The class comprimises of 4 rounds (excluding warm up and cool down) of 4 exercises repeated 3 times for 30 seconds each with a 30 sec break in bewteen every 4 exercises. It is a classic example of HIIT training. It pushes you to the max and the last round is always 10 minutes focusing solely on abs - it's a killer.

We've been going at least once a week and we've all noticed a huge improvement in our fitness and stamina levels and it really is quite exhilarating to do. I love going and it's not something I can see us stopping anytime in the near future. I really want to try the DVD now.

Have you tried an insanity workout? What did you think?


                                                            I hope you've enjoyed reading,
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment