Sunday 22 February 2015

Beauty: Hoola vs. Laguna

Nars Laguna
Benefit Hoola
Left: Laguna  Right: Hoola
There is a lot of love for Benefit's Hoola Bronzer and Nars' Laguna Bronzer amongst beauty bloggers and there are blog posts galore - so why not add to that amount? They are both really good bronzers and I never find that they are too similar, nor do neither of them make me look orange. They both give me a lovely healthy glow.

Hoola, which is £23.50, is a matte bronzer which is very pigmented therefore you only need a light hand to achieve a subtle glow. Due to the matte finish, it is brilliant for contouring and creates a lovely shadow in the hollows of the cheeks. I use this one mainly for contouring because of the matte finish and how easy it is to blend. I use Laguna, which is slightly more expensive at £27.50, for an all over bronzed look and makes you look fresh and healthy even when you're half asleep. It has tiny flakes of gold shimmer which catch in the light. Although some would disagree and find this an unattractive property in a bronzer, I love it as it brightens up the face so much. It gives a warm finish, yet still natural and is perfect for my skin tone - it never makes me look muddy.

With both, they last all day on my skin without hardly any retouching. They can be applied with a light hand for a natural look or built up for more of a sun kissed look. They blend into my skin seamlessly and never just 'sit' on the skin. Although they both look similar in the pan, they are very different to eachother and hold their own special traits. I love them both just as much as each other, however if I had to choose one, I'd choose Laguna due to the fact it can be used all over the face and as a slight contour if I want to without flattening my face. Despite the high end price tags they are two products that I will always repurchase.

Which one is your favourite out of the two? Are there any other bronzers that give these two a run for their money?
I hope you've enjoyed reading,
Holly x




No comments:

Post a Comment