Sunday 8 February 2015

I'm Only Half Crazy!


Many people have different hobbies that are sports related. However, if you ask me to play a game of netball or play table tennis then your team will most certainly lose. I am rubbish! What I have found a passion for though is running. I absolutely love it. Iremember a few years ago I was selected to be in the school cross country team and I came 9th out of around 80 kids. That was the day I wanted to properly start running. Early last year I set myself a goal to complete a half marathon. I devised my own training plan to suit my routine at the time and it comprimised of 3-4 runs a week, both long and short.
I already had a lot of stamina from going to the gym for the past 3 years however my running took it to a whole new level. I'm very thankful I have the stamina I have as it helps with all the exercise I do and more.
It took me around 7 months to get my long runs to a comfortable 12/13 miles - I took it slow and steady because I didn't to have another injury. When Summer came around I went for runs each morning and I was in my element. There is something really stimulating about starting your day with running! I managed to knock out around 250miles in 6 weeks and I was dreading going back to school and not having the time to keep up with the level of running I was doing. When September came around I completed my first real Half Marathon in a time of 2hours which I am immensely proud of.
Now my running schedule isn't quite as full on however I have a few half marathon races lined up for this year! In the interim, I race in 5k's and 10k's which I love just as much. Hopefully one day in the future I will compete in full marathons.
What is your hobby? Have you ever considered running?
Hope you've enjoyed,
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment