Sunday 9 October 2016

Autumn Transitions.


The colder weather has been starting to make an appearnance and as the seasons change so does my makeup preference. I love bronzed skin and peachy blush all throughout the year, but there's no harm in mixing things up.

I like to keep my base quite light, yet perfected and I find that the No7 Airbrush Away Foundation gives a flawless finish, despite its longevity not being quite like some of my other foundations, like the Rimmel ones. I always wear a lot of concealer, especially at the moment as I've had quite a few breakouts! I think the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer one is amazing and that one and the Nars one are definitely my favourites for both undereye and blemishes.

More often than not I bronze using Laguna, but have been enjoying using more subtle blushes that act as both a blush and a bronze - something like Rimmel Santa Rose is perfect for this. It has a slight sheen running through it which I prefer as I hate looking matte. For a deeper shade I love Nars Dolce Vita (bottom right hand side of the palette) as the plum tones scream Autumn.

For my eyes I've been really enjoying the Revlon Colourstay Eyeshadow quad in Adventurous. I prefer to layer the shadows lightly to create a taupe-esque shade, something similar to Mac Satin Taupe. I've been looking to get more use out of my NYX Liquid Suede in Soft Spoken. It is a much deeper shade than I'd usually go for, but have receievd compliments every time I've worn it - the few occasions I have. Its a lovely Autumn shade so I defintiely need to wear it more often!

The rest of my makeup is pretty standard in the respect to corrector, highlighter, powder etc, but I've been enjoying switching everything else up! Have you got any Autumn staples in your makeup bag?

I hope you enjoyed reading,
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment