Sunday 17 January 2016

My New Favourite Tool.

I was very kindly gifted the beauty blender for my birthday from Chloe and I am obsessed with it. It has soon overtaken my beloved Full Coverage Face Brush by Bobbi Brown and it has been the only thing I've used to apply foundation for the last month at least. 

I either spritz it with MAC Fix+ or with a little water to make it damp and I find that when it is fairly damp (but not soaking) it works best. It doesn't soak up too much product which some sponges can do, it soaks up enough to make my foundation look flawless and not cakey or heavy at all. I found the dab motion a little hard to get the hang of first however I soon found my 'rhythm' and have noticed that it's much kinder to my skin than being heavy handed with a brush. Because it's much softer than most brush bristles are it creates a smoother effect and contributes to the overall airbrushed effect that it gives. 

Initially I was surprised by the size of it as when it's dry it's very small, however once it's slightly wet it expands quite fast, to about 2-3 times the original size.  I think it's a really versatile little tool and not just limited to foundation application. The thinner, more pointier side is perfect for getting into the nooks and crannies of the face and is also great for blending in concealer. 

Overall I love it very much and cannot imagine my routine without it now! So than you Chloe! I'm not interested to see how the real techniques sponge compares! 

Have you tried anything like the beauty blender? I hope you enjoyed reading,
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment