Sunday 5 April 2015

Drugstore vs. Highend



For today's post, I thought I should talk about two of the well loved foundations in the beauty business that are often compared to eachother: L'oreal True Match Foundation and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. The L'oreal foundation is often said to be a brilliant dupe for the luminous silk foundation.

Personally, I have never used the L'oreal foundation because it appears like too much of a cakey foundation for me, however, my sister loves it so I thought I would get her verdict on the foundation and do a comparison to my view on the Giorgio Armani one.

True Match
"This is a foundation that I have used religiously for 6 months and it is very good for the price. It is a fairly runny consistency, but that means a little goes a long way. Although in my opinion, it is too runny for me. It gives a nice medium coverage that is build-able without creating that full, heavy effect. It leans more towards the side of being quite a matte finish, yet doesn't make my makeup look flat. It lasts all day on my skin and applies very easily. The shade range is vast so will cater for all skin colours and it is a very affordable foundation. A very nice drugstore foundation in my opinion."

Luminous Silk
This is the foundation that I have lusted over for months and when I finally got it for my birthday, I was so happy (lame I know). It's everything I expected it to be. From what I have tested of the True Match foundation, I don't think that they are similar at all, but that is just my personal preference. The foundation applies like a dream and is extremely lightweight in texture. It isn't matte nor entirely dewy, it sits in the middle as sort of a 'my skin but better' foundation with a lovely healthy sheen. The coverage is lighter than the True Match, however it can definitely be built up to be a medium-full coverage, but still lets your natural features show through. It's extremely long lasting and never cakes. There are a huge 21 shades in the range so I doubt anyone would struggle to find a match! The only downside to this product is the price tag - if it can be overlooked, it is an amazing product!

I know a lot of people prefer one to the other or have a soft spot for the both of this foundations, what do you prefer? Is there one which you have yet to try?

I hope you've enjoyed reading,

Holly x


No comments:

Post a Comment