Sunday 20 December 2015

Christmas Baking.

I was inspired by Chloe's post last week to do some sort of festive baking, so I set some time aside after I completed mocks and decided to make Christmas biscuits. Now they are quite a simple idea, however I think with all the different food at Christmas, it's nice to have something simple mixed in.

For the biscuit you will need:
275g plain flour
100g unsalted softened butter
100g caster sugar
1 lightly beaten egg
1tsp vanilla extract

Method:
1) Cream together the sugar and butter.
2) Add in the egg and the vanilla extract.
3) Fold in the flour slowly until it all comes together as a dough.
4) Roll out the dough into your desired thickness (e.g 2cm)
5) Cut the biscuits into your desired shape and bake for 8-10 minutes.
6) Leave to cool and decorate as you wish!

I think they're perfect for a Christmas buffet and incredibly moreish.

I hope you enjoyed reading, 
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment